Wednesday 15 December 2010

Winter Warming Drink- Apple Juice with Calvados


As Christmas is approaching and weather forecast saying the starting of second freeze going to begin tomorrow in Britain, with northerly Arctic wind blowing in. I hope that this year will have a white Christmas...... been waiting for a white Christmas during the last 4 winters. Yes it's going to be cold, haven't I said going to be very COLD.
To forget the cold outside, one can find comfort in winter warming drinks like a big mug of hot chocolate or Christmas mulled wine. Well, I have a nice bottle of Calvados given to me for my birthday present, my intention: to use it for making lovely apple tart, but hey, it' so cold outside, a warming apple juice with Calvados will take priority over tarts. This is a lovely drink which I intend to serve during Christmas as an alternative to mulled wine. Calvados is apple brandy and only being produced in region of Normandy in France.



Apple Juice with Calvados
Ingredients
  • 1 litre apple juice
  • 100 ml Calvados
  • 3-4 cinnamon stick
  1. In a pot, pour the apple juice in and add cinnamon and cook on low heat until boiling. This may take about 15 minutes. Off the heat.
  2. Then add in the Calvados and stir.
  3. Served on glass and decorate with cinnamon stick.
Enjoy the warming drink...... maybe with mince pies :-)

No comments: