How time flies. It's been quite awhile since I last updated my blog. I've been busy, first I've family members over visiting in month of June, followed by lots of travelling during the weekend, workload, friend visiting from the north and finally on my mission to study life in the UK test. Not only have I negelected my blog, my garden has been slightly neglected too. It's all about priority :-) .
I promised myself to bake cake, one of those few favorite things that I love to do during summer, went and bought all the ingredients and yet they sat in the pantry untouch for the last 3 weeks. Perhaps procrastination perceeded priority in my case.
Well no cake recipes this time around but I still have simple stir fry recipes to try out.
Minced Beef Stir Fry with Sweet Pointed Red Pepper and Black Bean Sauce
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 250gm minced beef
- 1 large pointed red sweet pepper
- 1 thumb size ginger-finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic-finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp black bean sauce
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable cooking oil
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine
2-3 tbsp water
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in a wok/pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the minced ginger and browned slightly. Then add in the minced beef and give a good stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add shaoxing wine and stir fry another minute. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Using the same wok, heat 1/2 tbsp of vegetable cooking oil, add in minced garlic and slightly browned. Add in the sweet pepper and give a good stir fry for a minute. Add black bean sauce, sugar and water and bring to simmering point.
- Pour back the minced beef and give a good stir and coat. Off the heat. Serve it hot over piping hot steam rice.
Garden a bit unkempt-on the wild side
My first harvest of runner bean-easy to grow, and taste great when stir fry
Last year I only have 5 fruits, this year my green gage is doing extremely well
My harvest of greengage from the garden
Jerry will only pose for the camera if I'm doing string trick
Lush in July, sit back and relax