Introducing Blueberry Cheese Tart. Enjoy this simple recipes, and you'll be smiling away I promise.
Blueberry Cheese Tart
Ingredients ( 10-12 tarts)
- Use the pastry recipes from my apple tartlets
- or get the ready made Just Roll puff pastry
- 125gm cottage cheese
- 40gm sugar
- 40ml milk
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp flour+a pinch of baking powder
- 6 tsp of blueberry jam
- For pastry, roll out on a flat working surface to a thickness of around 3mm. Use a pastry cutter ring to cut out in circle. Use appopriate size so that it fits your muffin tins. Fill the tin with cut pastry. Put into fridge until you need it.
- For the cheese fillings, mix together the cottage cheese and sugar. This step is crucial as the cheese is in lumpy curd. You have to ensure the cheese and sugar are mixed well and the mix should be smooth. If it's too lumpy the filling will not be able to rise nicely during baking. The trick is to let the cottage cheese at room temperature(25C) and it's more easy to work with later on. Else you can use food processor to blend them well. Add in milk,egg, sour cream and vanilla and stir well. Make sure the mix is smooth.
- Fill up the puff pastry with cheese filling to 3/4 full. Fill the rest of puff pastries. Drop in 1/2 tsp of blueberry jam into each filled puff pastries.
- Turn oven on 180C, and bake for 20-25mins till cook.
- Ready to serve with a cup of English breakfast tea.