Monday 13 October 2008

The Dip Truth


I find this is so true: "Whatever the situation there is always a dish to suit".
The start of the week one will always need some gearing up especially when we just had a wonderful weather over the weekend. Having a lot of meat for the past week, I prefer to have something really light and yet nutritious(something as close to superfood) for my evening supper. One will never go wrong with fresh fruits or vegetables. Going through my fridge I realised I have a large avocado which I intended to eat yesterday but forgotten. Could I whip up something nice with avocado? Scratching my head for ideas it seems.
How about making a nice avocado dip to serve with bread stick? Sound really easy, almost close to no effort at all. And avocado contained good cholestrol, bet you will ask for more for this light and hearty meal. It is also good as starter when entertaining guests.



Avocado Dip

Ingredients [good for 2 persons]

  • 1 large ripe avocado
  • juice of half lemon
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • a pinch of sea salt / or to taste
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  1. Cut the avocado in half lengthways and twist the 2 halves in opposite direction to separate. De-stone.
  2. Scoop the avocado flesh into a non-metallic bowl. Squeeze over lemon juice and pour in the olive oil. Use a masher to mash the flesh into desired consistency, add in sea salt and mix well.
  3. Scoop into a little bowl and serve with bread stick or even naan bread.
Tip: Don't keep the dip for too long as it may oxidize and discolor. Always prepare it just before guests arrived and have it soon after.

This is simply gorgeous [quick and easy meal yet loaded with nutritions].


No comments: