Allowed me to get over with my food affiliation with mussels once and for all[temporary by the way] . I guessed some of you might start to wonder if my cooking repertoire is limited to only of mussels of this and mussels of that. Three nites in a row and still not fed up? Honest confession: a little bit actually....... :-)
So I made something light and simple. Pasta fettucine, mussels in wine sauce.
Pasta Fettucine, mussels in wine sauce.(good for 2 persons)
- 50gm de-shelled mussels
- 150gm fresh fettucine
- 5 tbsp mussels stock (I saved it from my moules recipes)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 pieces garlic, roasted, and coarsely chopped
- drizzle of dry thyme
- drizzle of dry chilli flakes
- 1/2 red pepperbell, coarsely chopped.
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 glass white wine
- one bundle of fresh parsley ,coarsely chopped
- basil leaves
- Cooked fresh fettucine in a pot. Cook till al-dante. Drained.
- In a pan, heat olive oil, put in the garlic and lightly browned it. Then put in the mussels and lightly stir fry, throw in the pepperbell and continue to fry.
- Pour in the white wine, mussel stocks and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add in the pasta and let it coat with the sauce.
- Add in salt, thyme, parsley. Off the heat.
- Ready to serve in plate. Decorate it with drizzle of chilli flakes and basil leave.
Light and nice.