- Smoked Salmon Salad with Parsley Vinaigrette dressing served with farmhouse bread
- Leek and potato soup, side of seared scallops
- Roast Duck with cranberry and sloe gin sauce served with winter vegetables
- Fruity yogurt with slice of pineapple
Let me share with you smoked salmon salad with parsley vinaigrette dressing. This is a light meal to begin with. It tasted light, fresh and an elegant starter, goes well with a glass of rose or red wine. Really easy to make and my guests gave thumbs up ............ and one of my little guests requested ..... " Can I have more smoke salmon please? "Smoked Salmon Salad with Parsley Vinaigrette Sauce
Ingredients (served 4)
- 300 gm Scottish Lochmuir oak smoked salmon slices
- 100 gm of crispy salad green
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley (take the leaf only, discard the stem)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 3 pickled little onion/ 1 shallot
- 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- freshly milled black pepper
- Use a pestle and mortar to pound and crush parsley, shallot/pickled onion, salt into puree. Then add in Dijon mustard, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil and pepper and blend well.
- Divide the salmon and salad into 4 portions. Assembled the smoked salmon and salad onto plate. Drizzle with some olive oil and garnish with the dressing (1).
Enjoy the healthy salad.