Tonite I cook sweet and sour fish fillet. Very nice indeed.
Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet
Ingredients (good for 4 persons)
- 500 gm boneless white meat fish fillet(red snapper, grouper, cod)
- 4 tbsp corn flour for coating
- oil for frying
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce+2 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce+1 tbsp lemon/lime juice+1 tsp oyster sauce+1 tsp light soya sauce+1/2 tsp sesame oil+1/2 tbsp castor sugar+ 4tbsp water
- 2 medium tomatoes quartered
- 1 big onion diced
- 1/2 red chilli sliced
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Sliced the fish into 1 cm thick slices. Coat with corn flour.
- Heat a wok/pan, pour in oil and deep fry the fish on high heat for about 2mins until slightly golden brown.Removed and drain with paper towel.
- In a pan, heat 1/2 tbsp oil, stir fry the onion and chilli till fragant. Pour in the sauces and stir nicely. Once simmering, throw in the tomatoes and off the light. Add the fried fish fillet and coat with sauce.
- Served hot with rice.