Today we had really nice weather, sunny blue sky, temperature is quite mild of 13C, could almost feel it's the arrival of spring. Daylight are getting longer, the excitement of the arrival of spring and summer is such a joy. I'm spending a lot of time in my garden in preparation for spring and summer flower display. Pruning, dividing, propagating, planting seed, cleaning and etc in the garden. So much things to do in the garden :-). For those who followed my blog, one will noticed that I always decorated my food photos with flowers plucked from my garden over the different seasons. On display on my sandwich this time is a winter flowering flower named snowdrop.I also tend to make quick, easy and yet healthy meal when spring arrives. It's a good way to spring clean our body as well. So I made spicy tuna sandwiches for lunch.
Spicy Tuna Sandwich
- 8 slices of wholemeal/ white bread remove edges
- 1 small can of tuna flakes in brine/water
- 1 tsp of white pepper
- 1 red chilli-minced finely (quite spicy)
- 1/2 big onion-minced finely
- 1tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- Olive oil spread/margerine
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- In a pan, heat the olive oil, stir fry the onion and chilli for 1 minutes. Drained the tuna flakes and tossed in the onion and chilli and stir fry for about 2-3minutes. Add in white pepper & lemon juice and mixed well. Turn off the fire. Let it to cool.
- On a slice of bread spread with some olive spread. Lay a layer of cucumber, then followed by a large spoonful of spicy tuna and top with a layer of tomato. Closed it with another slice of bread. Use a bread knife and cut diagonally to obtain 2 slices of triangle. Repeat until all is done.