|Cooked sushi rice|
- 250g sushi rice- wash and rinse until water is not cloudy. Then let it soak in water for about 30minutes
- 325 ml dashi stock
- 1 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- In a small pot, lightly warm the vinegar, add sugar and salt. Stir to dissolve. Do not bring to boil.
- Rinse off the rice and place in pot or rice cooker. Pour in the dashi stock and bring to boil and let it cook until the liquid is almost evaporated, turn off the heat and cover for 15minutes. Do not open the lid.
- After 15minutes, pour the rice into large shallow bowl and pour the vinegary liquid onto the rice. Use one hand with spatula to mix bu doing cutting stroke, while the other hand will be pre occupied with a fan to cool down the rice as quickly as possible. Cool to room temperature is ideal.
- The sushi rice should look shiny and every single grain rice is visible, not a mushy pile....
- Once you've master cooking the rice, next step is to roll the sushi.
|Crab stick+asparagus roll|
|Chicken cutlet + avocado roll|
|Smoked Salmon Roll (if only I have really fresh salmon, this will be nigri roll)|