Sunday 10 October 2010

Roast Figs with Honey, Cinnamon and Thyme


Figs in season right now. Before I came over here, honestly I don't know how fresh figs look like and taste like. All I know figs are dried, sweet with thousands of seeds that make the textures so unique, you either hate or love it.


Few years ago, I did try fresh figs but I'm not bowed over, I thought dried figs tasted better or perhaps I didn't choose the "Finest" fresh range. So this season, I thought I will give it a try by roasting them instead, so just to start with, I only bought 2 figs.....
So I found this simple recipes and thought would give it a go.....



Roast Figs with Honey, Cinnamon and Thyme
Ingredients
  • 3 tbsp clear honey
  • 1/2 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp brandy
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 12 figs
  • few sprigs of thyme
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C (fan assisted oven).
  2. Pour the honey butter, brandy and cinnamon in small saucepan. On low heat, continue stirring until a liquid formed.
  3. Using a sharp knife , make a cross cut from top to almost at the base.
  4. Place them on roasting tin, add thyme and drizlle with the liquid from(2)
  5. Roast for 15minutes and leave them in oven for additional 5inutes or so.
  6. Serve with yoghurt, ice cream, cream or even on it's own with the tasty roasting juice.
It's a nice and simple desserts..... healthy as well.

2 comments:

Algernond said...

Figs are brilliant. Looks nice what you've done with them. Hope they are still in season after east asian tour....

Christine Toh said...

Alge,

By now it's out of season :-)