Saturday 25 October 2008

Fancy MOS technology?

As most of my semiconductor friends might be wondering why I posted "fancy MOS?" technology on a Saturday. Hmnnn.... haven't she had enough of Vt, Idsat, Ioff and more of Moore's law during the weekdays? Well, well, it's not about microelectronics but rather chicken teriyaki rice burger from MOS burger(Japanese fast food chain). It's a pity that over in UK I can't find any MOS burger outlet. One of the unique burger bun in MOS burger is actually made of sticky rice. The rice bun is slightly toasted on both side, bringing a slight crisp on the outside and soft and moist on the inside. The bun goes really well with teriyaki chicken, few lettuce green and a dollop of Japanese mayonnaise. This rice bun, I called uniquely MOS burger technology. This is my first attempt in making the rice burger bun and it turned out really well, ahem, I must say even better than what you get from MOS burger.



Chicken Teriyaki Rice Burger

Ingredients (good for 2 burgers)

Teriyaki chicken
  • Half the ingredients from my teriyaki chicken recipes
  • some lettuce green
  • some Japanese mayonnaise
Rice Burger Bun
  • 1 cup of glutonous rice
  • 1 1/4 cup water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tbsp of cooking oil
  • 1 tbsp of cooking oil for toasting rice burger
  • Some vegetable oil for hand lubrication on hand molding the rice
  1. For Rice Burger, soak the glutinous rice overnite. Prepare a steamer, steam the glutinous rice with 1 1/4 cup of water for approximately 30-40mins till cook. You can use microwave but I find that steaming is better. After steaming, add in 1/2 tsp oil and salt, stir well and let to cool.
  2. Oil your palm and fingers with cooking oil, so that when you work on the sticky rice it won't stick to your hands. Take one tbsp of sticky rice and roll into a ball, then flatten it to about 1cm thick, with your hand press gently to compact it. Leave on a plate. Continue with the rest.
  3. Heat a non stick pan on low heat, brush with oil, once heated, place the rice burger onto the pan and let it toast till brown on one side, and turn to toast on the other side. Once ready place it on a plate, garnish with lettuce green, a piece of teriyaki chicken fillet and a dollop of mayonnaise.
Enjoy the different kind of burger bun. I did, I know one of my UK friend will be so envy of me now. :-)

Rice burger bun ready for toasting

Yummy

After making my lunch, I went out to my garden to harvest crysanthemum, loads of them. Better pruned them as the strong wind might damage the foliage. So I've got a scissor and pruned myself a vaseful of mum.
Pretty mum
Fake Van Gogh sunflower ?

It's been awhile since I last reorganised my kitchen cabinet. One started to realise one has so many hidden treasures that was forgotten. In my case some nice wines especially Inniskillin Ice Wine. Totally forgotten I did hide it in some corner of my kitchen cabinet. Then having to reorganise my western spices, Asian spices, tea/coffee/chocolates, and sauces cabinet. Aren't you impressed? :-)



My treasures.....wine


My tea/coffee/chocolates cabinet

My sauces/oil cabinet

Spices cabinet

5 comments:

Algernond said...

Wow! What tidy cupboards. I can help make them messy again if you like.

Never knew you had so much classy wine. Saved for worthy visitors is it?

Christine Toh said...

Algernond, Hahahahaha, how dare you to suggest ? :-)
It's usual, I'm a rat and rat's nature like to hide treasures :-)
Save the best for last :-)

Perry R. Lim said...

I've heard about the much talked about rice burger...now I'll know what to look for when I go to Singapore. Hee!

No wonder you can always whip up such delicacies. Your cupboard's complete! Eastern, Western, Northern, Southern, etc...

Anonymous said...

i love ur witty comment on MOS (Moon Ocean Sun burger chain) and MOS tech (Metal Oxide Semiconductor) as well as the pun played with Moorse law (sorta same pronounciation with MOS)..
u realli got me laughing with ur openning comments, sure it will entice me to read on. way 2 go gal!
cheers!
jaz

Christine Toh said...

Perry, still a far cry from complete set of ingredients from all over the world. Yeah MOS burger, needs two sets though as the size is a bit stingy.

Aye Jaz, welcome to my blog. Hope you enjoy the witty side, the techie side, the nice pics etc. Do browse around and feel free to try out the recipes.