This dessert is meant for the 15thday(the end of CNY), or better known as Yuan Xiao . It is delightful, after having this desserts, one(especially children) can add a year onto their age after the 15th day of CNY :-).
Peanut filled glutinous rice ball in sweet peanut soup
For glutinous rice ball
- 150 g glutinous rice flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 130 ml water
- 100 g roasted peanuts
- 75 g sugar
- 25 g sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 150gm peanut soaked overnite in water to soften
- 1 pandan leaf
- 3 - 4 tbsp caster sugar (to taste)
- 750ml water
- one slow cooker
- Prepare the peanut soup by slowly simmering in slow cooker for at least 6-7hrs until the peanut melts in the mouth. Once you have reach this consistency, add in the sugar and stir. Ready.
- Mixed all the ingredients for filling and use a food processor and blend into a rough paste. Then knead it and divide it and roll into small ball. Leave aside.
- Add water sowly to glutinous rice flour and salt. Knead with hand, until a dough like consistency is achieve.
- Roll the dough lengthwise of 2cm in diameter. Divide the dough into small pieces. Take one pieces and press with finger on the plam to form a flat circular pieces. Take one filling and put it in the middle of the dough, then seal up and roll the ball. Repeat until you finish the dough/filling.
- In a pot boil some water, when it is boiling, throw in the glutinous rice ball and let it cook, once it's cooked, the ball will float on the surface.
- Scoop up and place in bowl and fill up with the sweet peanut soup.
Enjoy the warming dessert :-), I'm one year older now .