Last 2 weeks had been really busy. Busy at work, busy in the garden, busy going out. Well indeed it's good that I'm busy, felt like I'm just out of hibernation. Been to London for West End musical show - Thriller. Not what I expected a West End show could be, it involves great participation from audiences, clapping hand, dancing, cheering, more like a concert tome. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the music.Instead of April shower, this April has been really dry and weather is splendid. We almost had 2 weeks of sunny days and each days are getting warmer. What could be more rewarding than relaxing in one own garden with a cup of afternoon tea with cake. After all this is very core to the tradition of British people. Therefore I baked a marble cake to go with a cuppa.
- 125 gm butter
- 125 gm caster sugar
- 125 gm self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 2 large eggs
- 50 gm chocolate (70% cocoa bar)
- 1 tbsp double cream
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a rectangular cake tin.
- Melt chocolate with double cream using steaming or use microwave. Let it to cool down.
- Lightly beat the eggs
- Cream the butter and sugar using food processor/mixer
- Add the egg a little at the time into (3) until done.
- Then add in the flour, , milk , vanilla essence and mixed well. The cake mixture should look smooth.
- Scoop 1/3 of the mixture and mix with the chocolate.
- Pour the original mixture into the cake tin then follow by the chocolate mixture from (7)
- Bake for 30-35minutes.
Jerry is having a Siesta