As summer at it's peak, decided to include this simple yet elegant dish as my main for Sunday luncheon over at mine. As my garden too is bursting with lots of flowers as well as herbs especially curl leaf parsley, which I'm using as a nice complement to this dish. The dish tasted light and yet tasty.
Oven baked cod with chopped parsley with white sauce
Ingredients ( for 4 persons)
- 4 cod fillets (around 120 gm each)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 6 tbsp chopped curl leaf parsley
- dash of lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- Basil leaf, thyme and roasted pecan nut for garnishing (optional)
I added some chopped parsley to the sauce to give it some herby flavor.
- Clean the cod fillet, pat dry. Place on work surface and sprinkle with dash of salt and freshly grind black pepper. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, place the chopped parsley and olive oil and mixed well.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C.
- Line the baking tray with aluminium foil. Brush with some olive oil.
- Rolled the fish fillet with ingredients (2). Then place the fish fillet on the lined tray. Repeat till done.
- Bake at 200C for the first 5 minutes, then lower to 180C and continue baking for another 5-7 minutes. Removed from oven.
- In a plate drizzle with white sauce. Place the cod fillet on it and garnish with basil leave and pecan nut. Drop a thyme leaf on the side to give a touch of elegance.
Of course the blog will not be complete to show you some nice transformation in July :-)