Because my folks
Don't know my where abouts
Brussel sprouts, brussel sprouts
Oh boy, how I hate brussel sprouts
Some of you might have the same experience when asked to take the tiny little cabbage when you're young. Luckily my folks don't have to force me to take my brussel sprouts as I love my green ( Brussel sprouts not very common back then in Malaysia ) . It's considered luxury green as it's mainly imported.
Stir Fried Brussel Sprouts with dried shrimp(Hay Bee)
- 300 gm brussel sprouts
- 2 tbsp dried shrimp (or can use sambal belachan)
- 2 small chillis
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 shallots
- 2 tbsp of cooking oil
- Steam the brussel sprouts for 10mins.
- Wash and soak the dried shrimp. Drained. Use food processor, add in chilli, garlic and shallot and blend the mixture into a paste.
- In a pan heat the oil till hot, add the paste and fry till fragant. Then add in brussel sprouts and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in salt and sugar to taste.
- Served hot.