I think this soup is kind of originated from Chinese takeaway in UK. I hardly remembered having this soup back home except in MOS burger outlets. It is actually quite simple to prepare and nice as well.
Sweet Corn Soup
Ingredients (served 2)
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1/2 chicken breast meat - diced to small cube
- 300 gm sweet corn kernel from can
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp corn starch added with 2 tbsp water
- white pepper
- 1/2 tsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp soya sauce or salt to taste
- spring onion for garnishing (optional)
- Bring to boil the chicken stock, add in sweet corn kernel and chicken meat.
- Once chicken meat is cook, quickly add in the sugar, soya sauce, sesame oil and mix well.
- Then add the corn starch mix and stir. At this point your soup should be a little thicken.
- Add in the beaten egg and stir quickly till egg is cook. Off heat.
- Put in a bowl and drizzle some white pepper with spring onion. Served hot.