There is no perfect winter weather, it can be bright and sunny but stays cold or it can be mild but yet wet and windy. I'm so looking forward to early spring..........
To beat the winter blues, I try making some simple dish to replicate the taste of summer, to remind me sunny and warmer days are just around the corner. :-)
Rummaging through my pantry, fridge and my herby pot to see if I've any ingredients that needed to whip out something really quick and easy, let say spicy glass noodle salad.
Spicy Glass Noodle Salad
Ingredients (4 persons)
- 150 gm dry glass noodle-cooked in boiling water for 2-3minutes till soft-drained
- 1 medium carrot julienned
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- handful of rocket salad
- chopped spring onion/corriander
- 2 tbsp of crushed roasted peanut
- 2 tbsp of garlic oil
- 1 tbsp of spicy chilli oil
- 2 tbsp of light soya sauce
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime/lemon
- Mixed well the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Then add in the glass noodle and toss well to coat the sauce.
- In a large plate, assembled the glass noodle and garnish with carrot, shallot, spring onion, peanut and rocket salad.
- Served and enjoy the simple salad.
One can also add cooked prawn, shredded chicken to add another dimension to the salad.