I'm counting down days to spring time. Days are getting slightly longer, you'll hear robins singing from dawn to dusk, milder weather and finally you'll smell spring is in the air. Lovely days ahead. I even head down to The Backs in Cambridge today to view the carpet of crocus, a sign that spring is in sight. Yes, I'm yearning so much for spring now.
On the cookery front, I decided to post steamed scallop with chilli garlic oil. This is a simple enough dish and very very nice.
Steamed scallop with chilli garlic oil
- 8 scallops in shell
- 4 cloves of garlic-finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp chilli oil
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- dash of lemon juice (optional)
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- Prepare the garlic oil by heating 1tbsp of vegetable oil. Once hot, add in the garlic and let fry till light brown. Remove and set aside
- Steam the scallop on high heat for around 6-7minutes. Do not overcook.
- Prepare the sauce. Mix the chilli oil, garlic oil, soy sauce, sugar and lemon juice and mixed well.
- Plate the scallop, drizzle over the sauce and garnish with spring onion.
Hereby enjoy some pics I took of the crocus.