Truly spring has arrived here, we've just tuned our clock to BST again. I'm also much or less out of hibernation mode to enjoy the fresh spring air, it's still a little chilly in the morning but it warm up quite quickly. As a keen gardener, March is a busy month, so much to do in the garden, from clearing out borders, flower beds, potting up, sowing seeds and etc. It is not all about doing this and that in the garden, always make time to rest and enjoy the blossom of early spring bulbs. :-)After a hard day in the garden, how about enjoying a slice of banana cake and a cuppa. Yes... lovely indeed.
- 125gm butter
- 125 gm sugar
- 240 gm self raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- a handful of walnut (roughly chopped)-optional
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Line a 2lb loaf tin with grease proof paper.
- Mash the banana with fork.
- Lightly beat the eggs with fork.
- Cream the butter and sugar and add the eggs slowly while continue on creaming.
- Mix in the mashed banana. Then add in the flour. Use a metal spoon and fold in.
- Then pour the mixture into the tin and bake for around 30-40mins till cook.
Lovely winter pansy