Where have I been or what have I been doing? I am still enjoying the wonderful April weather, it's been sunny and warm (20degC), which is rather rare for early spring. The whole city is buzzing when weather is nice, people will go out to lie on the grass and enjoy a sun kiss skin. After all, you've to enjoy the brilliant sunshine weekend, any other things will take second place. I've been baking to enjoy the freshness of baked goods right from the oven. So I thought I should give it a try at biscotti. Baking cookies are quick and no hassle. The enjoyment of having freshly baked cookies with a cup of freshly brew coffee or tea is an enjoyment to behold.
- 280 gm flour
- 250 gm butter softened
- 130 gm caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp brandy
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk lightly beaten
- 85 gm pistachio nut roughly chopped
- Icing sugar for dusting (optional)
- Cream the butter and sugar . Then add in egg yolk. Mix well.
- Then add in brandy, pistachio, flour and salt. Use a spoon to mix well.
- Pour the soft dough onto cling film and wrap around and roll into a log.
- Then put in the fridge and cool for an hour.
- Pre heat oven to 190C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Remove the log from fridge, unwrap the cling film, use a sharp knife and cut diagonally into 5mm slices.
- Place them on the baking tray.
- Bake for 12minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool f0r 5 minutes in the oven, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
I took some lovely pictures again from Cambridge and my garden.....
I love April for its tulips, cherry blossom and lovely weather.......
King's College Chapel
Punting on Cam River
Jerry guarding his daffodil
Daffodils and Tulips at back garden