Kaeng Khiao Wan Kai(Thai Green Curry)
- 20 green hot chillis (can be reduced if you want it milder)
- 10 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp sliced galangal
- 1 lemon grass stalk finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander root
- 5 pepper corns
- 1 tbsp roasted corriander seeds
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 300 gm chicken breast meat
- 100gm aubergine diced in cube
- 50gm button mushroom/ 2 carrots diced/5 baby corn
- 5 kaffir lime leaves finely chopped
- 2 stems of Thai basil finely chopped
- bunch of fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (or can substitute with honey)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1.5 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup of water
- Sliced chicken into thin slices
- Place curry paste ingredient into food processor/mortar and blend into smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry the curry paste & kaffir lime leaves till fragrant, reduce heat, add coconut cream and stir continuosly so not to curdle.
- Add chicken, vegetables and let it simmer on low heat for awhile. Then add in the water, sugar, fish sauce to taste. Cover the pan and let it simmer till cook.
- Add the Thai basil & coriander into the curry and served with rice.
If you opt not to prepare curry paste, can get Mae Ploy brand Thai green curry paste from supermarket. It is as good :-)