This is the time when kids are the happiest-loads of presents, sweets or candies. A season when the hambug would be scrooging and grudging all about Christmas :-) .
I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Of course it's not complete without a lovely recipes to wake up to on Christmas morning.
Orange Carrot Spice Muffins
Ingredients (make 12)
- 280 gm plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp each of ground cloves and nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 90-120gm caster sugar
- finely grated zest from one orange
- 180 ml freshly squeezed orange juice (aprox 2 big oranges)
- 150 gm finely grated carrot, soak overnight with 90ml of orange juice from above
- 85 gm melted butter or 90ml vegetable oil
- 50 gm raisins/sultanas
- 50 gm pecan/walnut finely chopped
- Toppings-100 gm cream cheese, 60gm icing sugar, 1 tsp vanilla. Blend well.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, salt and spices.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg with fork till lightly fluffy, stir in sugar, grated orange zest, orange juice, orange soaked carrot and butter/oil.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, stir to blend well. Add the raisins and pecan nut, lightly mix just to blend. The batter should look thick and lumpy.
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Prepare muffin tins. Scoop the batter into the muffin tins. Bake for 20-25minutes. Remove and cool.
- Once cooled, scoop 1/2 tbsp of topping onto the muffin and spread. You could top with a pecan nut for decoration.