A bowl of piping hot wanton noodle soup on a cold winter day, it's so invigorating to the core. It's tasty broth and homemade little morsel of wanton and egg noodle is just my kind of comforting food on a dull winter's day. I like it with some minced garlic+vinegar sauce over my soup.
Wanton skin wrapper+filling recipes can be obtained here
Egg noodle recipes can be obtained here
- 800 gm pork bone/chicken + 1 handful dried anchovies
- 2 liter water
- 1 thumb size ginger-smashed
- 5 cloves garlic-smashed
- 1 thumb size rock sugar
- salt to taste
- Put all the ingredients for broth in a pot and bring to a boil. Lower heat and let the broth simmer for 3 hrs.
- Remove the bone from the pot and filter the broth onto another pot.
- Heat the broth when you wanted to serve.
- In a pot boil enough water, once boiling, drop in the wanton and let it cook. Once cooked it will float to the surface. Use a spatula to scoop them out and drained.
- Then add the egg noodle to boiling water and cook. Once cooked, remove the noodle from the pot and wash under running cold tap water. Add some water to the boiling water in the pot, once boiling, add the noodle back and cook just to heat it. Drained and served in bowl. Top up with wanton, scoop the broth onto it and garnish with some spring onion, fried shallot, pickled green chillis and lettuce. Sprinkle some white pepper to serve.