I'm keen on creating a fusion dish tonite. I always like fusion food where there are element of different taste blended nicely together, just like east meet west.So I'm bringing this superb, easy to make dish for you all to try out.
Cod in Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce with bed of rocket grapefruit salad
Ingredients (good for 2 pesons)
- 2 cod fillets ( about 180-200gm)
- some sea salt
- 3 tbsp of Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- some olive oil to grease cast iron grill pan
- 2 bunchful of rocket leaves
- 1/4 grapefruit sacs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- a pinch of sea salt
- Rub sea salt on the fish fillet. Then marinate the fillet with thai sweet chilli sauce for alf an hour.
- While the fish is left to marinate, prepare the salad. Add the grapefruit, olive oil and salt to rocket leaves, mixed well (I use my hand to mix them). Leave aside.
- Grease the grill pan with some olive oil and heat till hot. Then brown the skin side of cod fish till brown and slightly cisp(takes about 4-mins), then turn over and drill the other side for another 4 minutes. Don't overcook as meat will flake off. Just cook it jus nicely and it will be so tender and lovely.
- Do not throw away the marinating chilli sauce. Add in 2 tbsp of water to the sauce and cook it in another sauce pan. Simmer and remove, add in corriander if you like.
- In a plate lay a handful of the salad, lay the cooked cod fillet on top of the salad and drizzle some sauce over the fish.
The peppery rocket salad goes really well with grapefruit, the tenderness of fish goes well with the marinating sauce, and the whole combination is pleasing to one tastebud. Enjoy this lovely, healthy meal.......I bet you'll love it.