Lately my weekends were mainly spend on tidying up my garden for spring display. That explains my lack of activities and updates on my blog. Another good reason is , weather has been of spring theme even we're still officially in winter. But nevertheless, I enjoyed the earlier spring anyway :-) and fresh air outside.
I also tend to cook easy meal for lunch so that I can maximize the time spend on daylight outside :-). Here's an easy recipes and quite healthy.
Spaghetti with chargrilled vegetables sauce and tuna flakes
Ingredients (good for 2 persons)
- half a bag of dry spaghetti
- half a bottle Bertolli chargrilled vegetables sauce
- 1 small can of tuna flakes
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- a bunch of corriander finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon juice
- some black pepper
- some grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- a dash of sea salt
- Cook the spaghetti till al-dante (this takes about 11-15mins). Drained in colander. Put in a bowl and pour in the olive oil and sea salt and toss.
- Meanwhile the spaghetti is cooking, pepare the sauce. In a little of olive oil, fry the garlic till fragant. Add in the tuna flakes and stir fry for about a minute or so. Then pour in the vegetable sauce and simmer for about 3-4minutes, add the lemon juice. Remove from heat and add in the chopped corriander. Stir and mixed well.
- Put the cooked pasta on a plate and dressed with the sauce. Drizzle with black pepper and grated parmesan cheese.
Here are some flower pictures from my garden which I took yesterday. Enjoy the vibrant color :-).
Light purple crocuses in full bloom
Christmas rose or Hellebores
Dark purple iris
Hue of purple crocuses basking in the sunlight
white crocusses, don't they look like little chicks coming out from their shells
White daffodils blooming in the pot