I bought a carton of unsweetened soya milk from supermarket some time ago and totally forgotten about it. So I thought why not turning these into homemade silky egg tofu. I reckon you should give it a try.
Silky Egg Tofu
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 250 ml of unsweetened soya milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Beat the egg lightly, add in the soya milk and salt and whisk lightly.
- Line a rectangular metal tray with cling wrap ( I use 8.5 x 4.5 x 2.5 inches baking tray) . Seive the mixture into the tray. Cover the top of the tray with cling wrap to prevent steaming water droplet dripping into the tofu.
- Steam on high heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool. Cut into pieces as per your liking.
- Then you can use different sauces to garnish or your can even coat it with potato starch to deep fry and served with Thai sweet chilli sauce.
For me I opted for healthier options : using black bean sauce .
- 1 tbsp of black bean sauce
- 1 tsp of chilli oil
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp shaoxing wine
- 1-2 tsp of sugar
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 shallot - finely chopped
- some corn starch solution to thicken
- some spring onion , sesame seed and chillis for garnishing
- Heat oil (cooking oil + chilli oil ) and fry the shallot till fragant.
- Add in black bean sauce, sugar, shaoxing wine, sesame oil and water and simmer for 1-2minutes.
- Add in corn starch solution to thicken the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the egg tofu and garnish with spring onion, chopped chillis & sesame seeds.
- Served with rice.